We also went to Old Town in San Diego where there was THE BEST...yes THE BEST Mexican Restaurant I have ever been to in my life! Casa Guadalajara. I have never enjoyed a meal so much ever! See this adventure below.

Here we are waiting for our food. The Hicks and The Cannons were so fun to hang with and we felt like kids again...or should I say we acted like kids again!

They make the tortillas fresh right there in front of you where everyone can see.

This was my chicken, mango, avacao salad that was to die for!! Yes we raved about it so much that......

They brought the chef out and he gave us the recipe! Incredible!! Unheard of?! He reminded me of the Sweedish chef on The Muppet Show, but the Spanish version. He gave us his business card, "Excecutive Chef of the Year 2007". A very sweet man. We left him with a pass along card too. He was very gracious.

It was an amazing trip. I loved it. I am recharged for the next 5 months of the Rexburg winter soon to come....think warm!
2 comments:
Doug and I have been to that restaurant! It was about 8 years ago though! Looks like you had so much fun. We saw Marc's dad on TV while we were watching the Idaho game last week. We were so excited that we called my parents who live down the road and told them all about it. Hopefully this weekend the Vandals can win! Doug wants me to make cookies with "I's" on them and deliver them to all of our BSU friends before the game.
My parents are living in San Diego right now, and it's always fun to go visit them. I'll have to remember that restaurant for next time we're in town! Glad you go a break with the bishop (yes, I'll always think of him as our bishop!) :)
Post a Comment