Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You've got to see this to believe it!

Last weekend Marc and I were in the Temple to Temple Relay Race that was put on by BYU-Idaho. Yes, I know... can you believe I got my husband to run with me? He didn't even need cookies in each hand while he ran either. I was so proud of him. We started at the Idaho Falls Temple and each person on our team went 4 miles until we reached the Rexburg Temple. I had to keep telling myself, as all these young college students passed me....."they are 20 years younger than you, they haven't had 5 kids...you can do it...keep breathing." And after it was all over we actually admitted that it was fun!....we did immediately get on the Ibprofen because our muscle were still in shock!
Here we are at the end of our part of the race!

I even talked him into using the I-pod when he ran.....hope he didn't mind the Talyor Swift and Miley Cyrus songs?...real blood pumping, motivating running songs huh.
What nice form, even though we did walk part of the way, he is seen here running as he gets to the exchange zone.
Here is our team when we reached the Rexburg Temple. (The Comm Department) See we are all smiling! We were done!!(It only took us 5 hours)




3 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

You guys are Awesome!!! Way to go couch potatoe - Oh I mean mark!!!!

Just Only Me said...

To coin a popular Disney saying, "WAY TO GO, IDAHO!!"

Yearsley couple said...

Holy cow I am so jealous! I would love to do something like that. I admit I would have to convince my own husband to run. man Our husbands sound a lot alike. maybe we will ditch them and run together. love ya guys and way to go!!!

The Skinner family

The Skinner family