Monday, July 13, 2009

Girls Camp

Girls Camp 2009! YOU DID IT GIRLS! See the whole story below~! (Katelyn, you had way to much candy...didn't you?)
Last week was girls camp. It was a ward camp at Reunion Flats at the base of the Teton Mountains. The girls are SO Excited, can you tell? Did I mention the 7 mile hike they are going on during the week?...... It was a LONG HIKE! We hiked up by Fred's mountain which is right across from the Teton Mountains! HUGE DEAL HERE... do you see there is still SNOW where we hiked!?Oh and yes, this is NOT the top yet.
Here is the top. (I went along too.) It was an amazing experience that I will never ever do again in my entire life! There was no oxygen tank at the top of the mountain waiting for me? Did I mention the elevation we were at was 9500 feet! (Rexburg is 4500, and Moscow 2500) Can you say oxygen shortage!? Yep! The bright side of it was just doing it with my girls. I love them!
This is a great view of how far up we hiked. Julie, the bishops wife was our group leader she was great! See those littel pin dot trees down the hill? That is where we started. It took us 3 hours to get up and 2 hours to get down. I can only compare it to climbing stairs for 3 hours straight!! You can feel the fat burning off baby!

I wanted to get a picture of the girls when they came home from camp. For some reason after 4 days in the wilderness and no water to bath in....they hit the showers pretty fast!! Girls YOU DID IT!
I am so proud of you!



1 comment:

Kristi said...

Those pictures are amazing! Todd and I should have done more outdoors stuff when we lived there. There are some beautiful places there!

The Skinner family

The Skinner family