Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cement

I have a new found respect for cement workers.... We decided to try and save money and Marc and our neighbor, John, (who use to work in the cement business) layed our driveway this week.
It was a long and hot process. We also have a bigger driveway than we thought. Here is the process... Day 1. Getting the forms ready and the soil compacted. This was a 14 hour day.
The stress comes when the truck pulls up. You have to work that cement and get it right where you want it to go. Mitch and his friend Brandon helped out too.

Day 3. This was the last pour of 3. We were very nervous it was going to rain hard, which is not good when doing cement.


Marc was excited to get new rubber boots to play in the cement with. What hard working men!
The finished look. Nice huh? Now all we need is a hoop and a 3 point line to complete the court. urr.. um.. I mean driveway? (I am hoping for a yard of grass, not dirt soon. :)




2 comments:

Moscow Monson's said...

Wow looks great. I'll be up in your neck of the woods for about 2 weeks maybe we can come see it for our selves.

About Us said...

OH fun fun and very cool to do it yourself... Looks like a great court... hope your all having fun!

The Skinner family

The Skinner family