It was an amazing feeling to run in a race....The DAM MARATHON... See the whole story below.

Mitch and Kindra were excited the Rock Wall was set up at the park to climb after the race.

Trey thought the idea of the rock wall looked fun. He didn't get too far off the ground though, a little of Grandpa Skinner when it comes to heights. He said his stomach felt kinda funny.

When we first visited Rexburg last year we saw a big sign that said, "Dam Marathon". We laughed and joked that Rexburg could actually post such a sign. I thought it would be a mile stone for our year here in Rexburg so I decide to enter. The Teton Dam Marathon is in memory of the Teton Dam that broke and flooded the town some 30+ years ago. It was good for me to workout and work twords something....I could not find anyone to do it with me so I ran it alone. (I think I may have Marc talked into doing it with me next year and maybe Mitch.) It was great fun. Oh, and let me clarrify for all of you that just passed out reading that I actually entered a Marathon! I actually ran the 5K, which is a little over 3 miles....not quite the heart stopper. It was great to cross the finish line, they announced everyones name as they crossed and gave you a medal. My family was there cheering me on. (There is a gospel lesson or talk in here somewhere.) It was a real sence of accomplishment and I think it may have become a tradtion for me and whoever I can drag into doing it with me:) Oh, and I celebrated by eating 2 deep fried cherros!
6 comments:
way to go!! i started running a few years ago and have still not entered a race. it makes my heart start pumping and i get all nervous feeling. i want to, it is definitely a "something to do before i die" list item. i just like, no pressure!! anyhow, i am way proud of you for doing it at least, even if it was alone. it does sound like a great family tradition though!! yeah!!
NIce! Looks like fun sweets.
That is great!!! Next a real marathon or maybe a triathalon!
You rock!! Congratulations!!!
Way to go!! What a neat thing and yes, I felt there's a good Sunday School lesson out of it also. Congrats!!
I am totally impressed! I thought about doing a 5k once and trained for one day... Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment