Friday, January 9, 2009

SKI SCHOOL is COOL!

Here in southern Idaho they do a thing called Ski School. It is an optional elective once a week for a month where the kids can learn to ski or snowboard. Mitch did skiing this year, but really wants to try snowboarding next year. I was able to chaperone....I haven't skiied for 20 years! (that really is putting my age out there) Anyway, it was a blast! Mitch had it down by the second time down the bunny hill and was basically skiing circles around his instructors! I actually remembered more than I thought, so we both hit the intermediate hills! Mitch caught up with his friends, and I found a girl from my ward whose daughter was up skiing too, so I had a buddy! I am now addicted and hope to drag Marc up soon to teach him how.

Mitchel and his friend Brandon. Brandon was snowboarding , Mitch was skiing but they were able to catch up later during free time.
It was a great mother-son bonding time. I hope he didn't feel like a nerd with mom hanging with him for awhile. We had fun and I think I may have impressed him seeing that his mom is actually a decent skiier!






2 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

Way to go!!! Take Jackie & Justin with you - Justin now knows and really likes it! Do you get to Chaperone every week! I want that class!!!!

ashley said...

you guys are soo lucky. i know Hunter would totally love that. i wish they did stuff like that around here. probably too far away though!! have fun mother-son bonding!!

The Skinner family

The Skinner family