Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Memories!

This is Trey's new dog Lucky. He is so cool! He sits, speaks, lays down, sings, shakes, plays dead, and does not POOP! We love him. I think here he is trying to open the tool set.
Our new family tradition is to make a gingerbread house after Christmas! We then smash it like crazy on New Years Day! The kids all took a side and we had a blast decorating it....but the fun came when we busted out the hammer! I am still picking up gingerbread & candy off the floor!

We had lots of leftovers.....so this is what happened to the key lime pie.....Do you think they have key lime pie disease??


Trey loves orange!(no Boise State fan though- a true Idaho Vandal through and through!) Here he is sporting his new orange sweatshirt and orange guitar! Do the Wiggles need a new guy?
Our theme song he sings all the time now is..."My love opened the door" I guess we have seen way to much "Dan in Real Life" over the break!



Chirstmas Eve dinner. We had just our little family, but we had LOTS of left overs!




In front of the New Christmas Tree! We threw the other out and got this one. It is sad not to have a real one, but we don't miss the cactus look, needles, and sap from the other one.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun: new home and new traditions. You are such a fun family. Hope you have a great new year!

Idaho Penningtons said...

You survived your first Christmas Away! WAY TO GO! You are on your way to being reburgians! We missed you! Looks like you had a great time and now all these new traditions!!! All this branching out - I may not recognize you next time I see you!!! hehehehe

Lonna said...

I loved seeing the pictures of your first Christmas in Rexburg! Wish we would have known about Lucky before we got Murphy- He hasn't gotten the 'potty outside'thing down yet. The family looks great! Wish we could have been there to help ya eat your leftovers!
We love you skinners!

Kristin said...

my boys would love that smashing gingerbread house tradition...i won't tell them about it. ;)

hope you had a happy holiday season.

The Skinner family

The Skinner family