The temple looked so beautiful after our climb up the hill. The sky was just starting to get dark.
All the young women in the ward climbed up the big hill here to the temple where we had a little devotional. It was a nice night for a walk!
YEAH! HOORAY! Avarie got her BRACES off TODAY!! She looks great! So grown-up!
REFLECTIONS:
REFLECTIONS:
I have been thinking a lot lately about the last 8 months. It is no secret that it has been pretty hard for us, this move thing. I thought I was a pretty strong person. Even though I know this is where we are supposed to be, it has not been easy. We have been so blessed and our house is now sold and we have a house of our own here! After getting spiritually fed from conference and reflecting back and looking forward I have come to a few simple things I must do every day to help make it through my "climb" in life.
Ok, so if you have teenage girls you know the song by Miley Cyrus. "The Climb". I just want hard things to get out of my way. I just want my kids to get to the next stage in life, or get to the next vacation, etc. So, here is my list....
1. Find something beautiful in everyday. Whether it is holding a child while reading a book with them, making cookies together or talking/ listening to a child on the way to school. (depends on which child as far as the talk/listen thing goes in my house:)
2. Find some time for yourself. In scripture reading, going for a walk, or just enjoying the sunshine! (yeah, we have sunshine now in Rexburg!)
3. Do something for someone else. This hit home for me at conference. I need to seek out the lamb stuck on the cliff. Find someone to talk to at church, not wait for someone to come to me.
It doesn't have to be a cookie delivery, Just a simple talk or note.
4. Don't be so judgemental. Ok, I consider myself a positive person, but once in awhile I get on these tangents where I like to pick apart things/people. We are all Heavenly Father's children and we don't know the whole story of why people do the things they do- so just be more Christlike.
5. Pray more. I need to communicate with Heavenly Father and tell him how grateful I am for all he has given me, along with help for the things I need. Just like I miss my earthly Dad and wish I could talk to him everyday...I can talk to my Heavenly Father everyday!!
All in All, I think that no matter what life brings us, we need to do what Elder Wirthlin says; "Come what may and LOVE it." Find the good and enjoy the CLIMB! Making memories along the way and if you are positive about the climb, your family will remember how you endured it and will learn how to deal too. Thank you to all my friends and family who have helped me make it through the climb! I love you. Sorry, I really had to vent this someway and I am not teaching RS anymore and I think this would have been too deep for my 8 year old primary class!!

4 comments:
This post made me miss you and your little lists of things to accomplish!! I say ME TOO! I am going to all those things on your list too!!!
I hope you guys are enjoying Rexburg. I wish we could find a job. Have you tried Pickets Bambinos in Rigby yet? If not, you have to go! Everytime I go home we have to go there and I get at least 3 bambinos for myself.
Avarie you look gorgeous! I was making dinner tonight when Celeste saw the blog (It's saved under favorites)and said "NO FAIR!! Avarie got her braces off!" It was a great shot in the arm for Celeste to START WEARING HER RUBBER BANDS! (Did you hate them as much as she does?) I am going to print off your picture and put it on every mirror in this house to remind Celeste that this is what teeth are supposed to look like!!
Sister - I loved you blog. It made me cry! It is so easy to get caught up in the thick of thin things! Good for you for such wonderful goals! And I add my "Ditto" to the whole list! We love and miss you guys!
I loved this reflections post of yours, Alisa. We sure do miss the Skinner family in Moscow.
Averie's smile looks beautiful. :D
Enjoy your Easter.
Post a Comment